Registration Requirements for Traditional and Transitional Kindergarten
Registration requirements for Traditional and Transitional Kindergarten
1. Traditional Kindergarten: Your child must turn five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2015. Transitional Kindergarten: Your child must turn five (5) between September 2 and December 2, 2015. (Per Education Code Section 48000(a)
2. Students entering kindergarten must provide a birth certificate to register.
3. Parents must provide 2 items of proof of residence in our attendance area: *Closing Papers or Deed and current utility bill *2 Current Utility Bills – PG& E, Gas Company, Water, or phone bill *Rental or lease agreement plus 2 current utility bills attached *Note – Escrow papers will not be accepted. If you are in escrow, you must apply for an inter-district transfer with your current district for approval prior to registration.
4. A physical exam must be obtained no earlier than six months before entering kindergarten. Physical exams must be completed by a physician or the Health Department. Please call now to schedule your child's physical appointment so that it may be completed before registration!
5. Immunizations must be up-to-date and verified by the original Immunization Record or a copy signed by a physician. Required immunizations:
Polio - 4 doses at any age, but 3 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 years, if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
DPT - 5 doses at any age, but 4 doses meet requirements for ages 4-6 years, if at least one was given on or after the 4th birthday.
MMR - 2 doses, both on or after the 1st birthday.
Hepatitis B - 3 doses at any age
Varicella - 1 dose or written verification from physician that your child has had chickenpox.
Mantoux (PPD – only) Skin test - Tests must be given within 1 year prior to school entry.
6. An Oral Health Assessment must be completed by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional. The assessment must be obtained within 12 months before your child enters school. (Per Education Code Section 49452.8)